Elwa products are made to last for a long time. Every product is 100% tested before it leaves the factory. In the unlikely event that there is a problem with an Elwa product, we have a trouble shooting section in every manual. If you can’t fix the problem you can download a service request form.
Terms of Warranty
On the provision that the installation instructions have been followed, Elwa gives a warranty of 12 months onsite service in Australia and/or 2 years return and repair from the date of purchase as per the invoice.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If, despite our extensive quality control, complaints arise, you should inform your installer first to ensure the power and water supply to the heater are in working condition. Your installer can call the Elwa service department (Ph: (08) 8377 6666) when onsite if any questions arise. Before you contact the installer, we advise you read the directions of use. This can assist in avoiding needless discomfort and possible costs.
Please also read our service manual.
- The warranty is valid only on presenting an original invoice, a copy of the certificate of compliance when the unit was installed, stating the date of purchase, the name of the supplier/installer and the model & serial number of the unit, name, address, all contact details of the owner, description of fault, address and contact where the unit is located, providing a signature agreeing and accepting the terms.
- Should the item of the service request be proven to not be an Elwa Pty Ltd supplied product, or it is proven to be an installation fault, a call-out fee and labour costs shall be charged to the person making the request.
- Elwa will repair or replace, subject to the warranty exclusions and at our discretion, a faulty component under this warranty.
- The warranty period is not extended from the time of the repair or replacement.
- Elwa may void the warranty if the invoice is not legible
- If the barcode or serial number is missing, the warranty will be voided
- The warranty will be voided from the moment the appliance has been tampered with or has been modified in any way
- Damage caused as a result of improper use, or faulty installations are not covered by this warranty
- Incorrect installation or maintenance issues such as blocked filters in aerators or flow restrictors and too low or too high water supply pressure are not warrantable items and may result in a charge form Elwa or the contractor responsible for the service call out service.
- Warranty can be voided if the supplied flexible hoses are not used for hot and cold water connections or when too much force was used on the water connections and that has damaged the copper pipes inside the water heater.
- If the unit was not installed by a licensed tradesperson.
- Damage to the unit through normal wear and tear.
- Damage to the unit via incorrect connection, faulty power supply, electrical surges or lightning strikes, including all other actions of the natural elements.
- Connection to faulty equipment.
- Accidental or malicious damage.
- Non approved or non genuine parts used on the unit.